William Platt Principal Percussionist, Cincinnati Symphony, Cincinnati Pops
- Graduate of The Eastman School of Music where he was a student of William G. Street.
- Former member of The U.S. Army Band in Washington, D.C. and the Symphony Orchestras of Rochester, N.Y. and Richmond, Va.
- Current position: Principal Percussionist of the Cincinnati Symphony & Cincinnati Pops Orchestras since 1971.
- Former Faculty Member of Ohio University & the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music.
- Clinician/Endorser for Zildjian Cymbals, Clevelander Drums, Aquarian Drumheads & Cooperman Drumsticks.
- Has recorded over 100 recordings with the Cincinnati Symphony & Pops.
- Has made several tours of Europe, Japan & Taiwan with the Cincinnati Symphony & Pops.
- Enjoys golf, vintage drum collecting & repair, and travel with wife Kazuko.